Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Our June Garden....

We have had a slow start to our summer this year in Portland (again) and the lack of sun has delayed our garden progress quite a bit. Everything is 2-3 weeks behind what it normally is, so I hope our little plants have time to catch up and produce a decent harvest before fall sets in.
I wasn't as organized planning our garden this year as I had hoped to be (that's what happens when you have a baby on March 1), but we still managed to get quite a bit planted. Now we are just waiting for the sun to shine enough to make it all grow... After a few summers of figuring out what doesn't work well in our yard, I seem to have lots of great ideas on how to make next year's garden better. I decided to start a garden journal, not so much to record the progress of our plants, but a place to keep all of my ideas for next year so that I can put my improvement ideas into action.
As for now, we are just enjoying some blooms and the first harvests of the season. The current favorites are the snap peas, which just started to yield peas a few days ago. Finn can't seem to get enough of them.



Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful to be eating out of the garden finally- because this has been a very strange season thus far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting something in the ground! Those springtime babies can throw a wrench in our gardening plans, can't they? :)

    ReplyDelete