Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Hand Turkeys!



At our house, Thanksgiving decorations always seem to be minimal, as Halloween, Finn's birthday and Christmas always steal the show, not leaving much time to display Thanksgiving art. However, today, in celebration of one of my favorite holidays, Finn and I made our yearly hand turkeys. We made a couple "fancy" ones out of construction paper, googly eyes, glitter, feathers, felt and pipe cleaners and I transformed some felt hands that we hung on our holiday tree for fall into some hand turkeys to hang on the holiday tree. So there. Thanksgiving decorations, check. I am feeling much more festive now (especially since I got all of my Thanksgiving grocery shopping done today! And I have vowed not to step back into a grocery store until Friday!) Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. We did almost an exact copy of your turkey with feathers last year.

    ReplyDelete