Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks

 So many times my Thanksgiving is so filled with preparations, travel, and last-minute errands that I tend to forget the true focus behind the holiday, which is being thankful for what we have. This year I feel so lucky to have a healthy and (usually) happy 3 year old, a new bean in my belly, and a husband who has been there by my side even when I am a grump. I also feel lucky that even though my family is currently not in the best financial situation, we have managed to make it through each month and we both still have jobs. I am trying to take time to appreciate all of the little things that happen in my day to day life and to try and be thankful for them, even when they seem stressful or mundane at the time. I know that these years when my little guy is still little will pass much too quickly, and when I look back upon them, I want to be able to remember every moment that I can.
Wishing you all a warm and wonderful Thanksgiving! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment