Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, March 17, 2014

Digging for Worms

For the past couple of weeks, Phoebe and I have been joining in on a toddler nature exploration group. It has been great to get her out and about with other kids her own age. Finn, Phoebe and I spend quite a bit of time outside, but when Finn is present, Phoebe wants to do what he is doing, and doesn't let the pull of her own curiosity guide her. With the other younger children, she is excited to share what she finds, squeal with excitement, and be part of the team.
Last week, the exploration group went worm hunting, and it has become a daily happening since. We have used the opportunity to talk about how they are so important for our gardens and ecosystems, and the role that each creature holds. 









Pin It Now!

1 comment: