Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Quick Trip to the Coast

Friday afternoon, the family and I headed down to the coast. The sun was out, it was warm, and heck- it felt like spring. The downside was that there was lots. of. traffic. and by the time we got to our yurt, at Beverly Beach State Park, it was just about dark. Which meant that we missed the gorgeous afternoon on the ocean, and had to be satisfied with the beautifully clear and starry night that we enjoyed instead. We let the kids stay up late, drank some adult beverages, and a chorus of frogs (pacific chorus frogs, actually) sung us to sleep... or in my case, kept me awake all night....
The next morning the skies were grey and it was cold and drizzling out. But, that didn't stop this mama from getting to the ocean. We stopped for coffee and spent the morning on the beach. I needed that.
We had to head back to Portland early afternoon for some other commitments. It was a lot of driving for just a little bit of beach time, and wish we could have headed down Friday morning instead. But, it felt good to get away. Nothing like a night sleeping next to hundreds of frogs, right?
Oh yeah, and Phoebe had the best after-camping hair ever.













Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely little getaway. That hair..too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her hair :) Tousled I think is the word that comes to mind. Lovely beach views!

    ReplyDelete