Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Friday, February 14, 2014

Eggcelent


I haven't blogged much about the ducks lately as there wasn't much of interest to write about. We are down to just 2, both females......our original mama duck and one of her daughters. Anyways, it has been a long time (almost a year!) since we have had duck eggs. Mama duck started sitting on her eggs late last spring and hasn't laid any eggs since.... until two weeks ago. I was happily surprised to find out that not only had mama started laying again, but her daughter is laying as well. Thanks gals!








Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. That is awesome, I hear duck eggs are delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhh you are making me miss my ducks! I loved the eggs...
    and so cool you just have two females now with no mean male around to bug them.
    I LOVE that second to last picture. CUTIE!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love their 'freckles' on their faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pictures - especially the one of the duck and the leave with "bite" marks. They look like fun - also some work too, I'll bet. have a good week.

    ReplyDelete