Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Lovely Little Trip

Last week, Todd, the kids and I went to San Diego for a little vacation. It was fantastic. We spent 2 nights at Legoland, which for Finn, a lego fiend, was pretty awesome. Phoebe, who is fearless, loved it just as much. She was riding roller coasters and having the time of her life.
After Legoland, we spent a few days with one of my favorite people in the entire world. We went to the San Diego Zoo, relaxed in a hot tub, and ate on the beach. The weather was mostly 60's and sunny, which was a great reprieve from overcast Portland. It was amazing and I must say it was a little bit hard to leave.
We got home on the night of the 23rd, just in time for the excitement of Christmas to sink in. It feels good to be home, but I can't say I haven't been daydreaming about the beach a bit....
I only brought my phone for a camera, so the pictures are not fantastic, but I thought I would share a few anyways. Just to make you jealous. Yup.












Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I love Legoland. This post brings back memories. A few years ago, when our boys were younger - their big present was a trip to San Diego. We left the day after Christmas and did San Diego right - Legoland, the beach, Sea World, a parade for one of the bowl games (sorry not much of a football fan - can't remember which one). It was a great trip that we all enjoyed! So glad you were able to do this and have a wonderful family time! Happy New Year to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea a place like this existed...I must be living under a rock or in Canada :)

    Looks like you had a great time. Looking at those beach shots, I am thinking it would have been hard for me to leave too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is quite the place!! my daughter's BF is from San Diego :) Loved seeing your family having a fantastic time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous! I can't get over how much Phoebe has grown!!

    ReplyDelete