Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Yarn Along and A Happy May


Linking up with Ginny at Small Things for this week's Yarn Along.

This past week I finished up a baby Milo vest for a friend's baby shower. I literally finished it hours before the party, and I forgot to take a picture. But it's pink. And little. And cute. Now I am back to working on Phoebe's In-Threes cardigan, and I am to the easy-don't-have-to-think-too-much-part, so I am hoping I can finish this up before next week's yarn along. Ha-ha. We'll see. At the rate I have been knitting lately, that is highly unlikely!

I am still picking through Crimes Against Nature by RF Kennedy Jr. and Moby Duck. They are both interesting, but non-fiction and intense. So, Monday night I started Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver. I needed something more capitivating. I love her writing, and everything she writes about, so I can only imagine that this will be one for me to savor.

And now I am off to enjoy a beautiful May morning!

What are you reading? What are you knitting? Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed your day. I have finished up a milo, and have been keeping my hands busy with a few knitted bowls while I figure out what to do next. I am reading Jumping Mouse and really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been knitting little vests too! Such fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you :) Maybe they can take a pic of the baby wearing it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes! a photo of the baby in the sweater. :) that is some reading list you have there.

    ReplyDelete