Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Homemade Home: A Review


Sania Pell's The Homemade Home is a sweet and inspirational book full of thrifty ways to perk up your home. From creative curtains to embroidered pillows, decorated pots to easy artwork, there is something in this book for just about everyone. Although some of the ideas are very easy, requiring nothing more than tape and scissors, many of the projects do require that you have a sewing machine and know how to do some basic sewing.
Our home is very tiny, and there is not room for anymore pillows, lamps, pots, or most of the fabulous ideas in this book, so there are many great projects that I don't think I will be trying anytime too soon. But I fell in love with her embellished curtains (pockets and all) and hope to re-vamp the curtains in the kids room sometime soon. She also has great easy ideas for bath salts, lavender pillows, and covered notebooks... I think I may know what my family is getting for Christmas this year!
This book is definitely worth a peek. She also has a homemade home for kids that I am hoping to get my hands on. Our library doesn't have a copy, so I think I may have to put that one on my birthday list!

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I love thrifty so I think I would like to read this book. I'm putting it on my list! Enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete