Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, June 4, 2012

Chris Jordan: Have You Seen His Work Yet?

Chris Jordan is an amazing photographer who depicts environmental and social issues in his work. Things like the number of plastic water bottles we throw away, the number of disposable cups used on airplanes, and packs of cigarettes that people smoke. But he turns these 'numbers' into amazing works of art.
I was first brought to his attention several years ago while watching his ted.com talk, and I was recently reminded of his work while watching a film (Bag It) that interviewed him. His work is amazing, and I wanted to spread the word.
You can find his website here. In my opinion, his most amazing works are in his galleries entitled "running the numbers". If you zoom into the pictures, you will see what I mean. His more recent work includes depicting the large amount of plastic found inside of dead birds. Makes you wonder what we are doing to our planet.
Take a moment and go check out his work. I promise, you won't be disappointed! Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. He is quite an artist. Very thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! You're right...the Running the Numbers series is amazing!

    ReplyDelete