Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny over at Small Things for another Yarn Along. This week I am almost done with Phoebe's jumper. I am using this pattern, but I decided to knit it in the round and have made some alterations. I just have to finish the neckline trim and I was also thinking about adding on some knitted flowers. I am not sure how to do that, but I am thinking I could figure it out! I had intended this to be a present for Phoebe's first birthday, but since that is still 5 weeks away, we'll see if I can wait that long to give it to her.
I also started another pixie hat for Phoebe. She had outgrown the first one I made her and they are just too cute, Plus, I was feeling like I wanted to knit something really colorful and cheery to bring me out of the dreary Portland gloom....
And, in the reading world, I started Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and am loving it. If I had more time to read I could probably finish it all at once.
What are you reading and knitting?
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. That jumper is so pretty, love the colors in it. As a matter of fact I love the colors in the hat too. Can you share what kind/brand of yarn you are using?

    Ang (peach coglo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang- I am happy to share my yarn brands with you. The jumper is debbie stoller's superwash wool (which on got on sale for a steal for $3.25 a skein) and the hat is a Heart and Sole wool-nylon blend sockweight, and the colorway is "green envy".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I especially love the 'green envy' wool :) Those pixie hats are so adorable....makes me feel a little baby-crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colourful yarn :) I keep meaning to read that book, seeing the movie trailer made me want to read it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful colors! P will look adorable in it!

    ReplyDelete