Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Yarn Along and a Giveaway Reminder

Joining in with Ginny over at Small Things for another Yarn Along. I haven't made nearly as much progress (on my reading or knitting!) as I would have liked since I last joined in yarn along 2 weeks ago. I have been doing much more sewing and socializing (which is good), but it hasn't left much time for reading or knitting.
I am still reading Saving Fish From Drowning and am about halfway through. I also just got Earth from Above and Collapse from my local library and I am eager to dive into both of those.
In the knitting world I am still working on Phoebe's second sweater (Debbie Bliss' dufflecoat). I am getting there, but the hood seems to be taking forever. I have barely made any progress on Phoebe's stocking, and the pressure is seriously on now! Only 11 days left! Do you see all those balls of yarn in the photo? That is how much I need to knit up in the next week and a half. Yikes.... not sure if I will complete both of these in time. At least she is only 9 months and won't really know if her stocking was done in time for the holidays or not... right?
What are you reading? What are you knitting? Are you under any holiday time lines?

My last-minute giveaway for a holiday ornament closes tonight! The winner will be announced in the morning. Hope you join in.... Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. i have wanted to read collapse forever. sigh. there are many books i have wanted to read forever. why can't 'reading books' be a career choice? lol. i am on a bit of a crunch too. my little guy wants a blanket for christmas. i haven't even started it yet...

    yikes.

    :)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you meet your goal!! Go go go! Love the color and I bet she will love it when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my it is only 11 days away isn't it?! I feel slightly panicked now! It is sure creeping up fast this year. I hope you can finish your little one's stocking in time.

    Cynthia @
    Brambleberries in the Rain

    ReplyDelete