Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Handmade Holidays

I have been finishing up some handmade holiday gifts over the past few weeks....

Some cute-critter felt ornaments :



A few field bags (from SouleMama's new book The Rhythm of Family) for some of the children on my list:

Some personalized onesies and travel bags:


And, of course, Finn had to make some salt dough ornaments for friends and loved ones to join in the hand made spirit (can you find the one ornament that is not holiday themed? If you guessed the mustache, you are correct! thanks dear husband for your lovely participation):

Our recipe for salt dough ornaments can be found here. However, this year, I mixed food coloring into the dough before we cut out the shapes. It was quite hard to get it mixed in, but I think it was less messy for Finn.
I still have a few projects that I am trying to finish up before Christmas, but with busy schedules, holiday parties, the end of the term, and the millions of other things happening in our lives.. I am not sure if they are going to get done in time or not. I am trying to work on just accepting that for now...

If you are scrambling for holiday gifts and want to give hand made (you know you do!) but don't have the time, check out the Handmade Holiday Directory where you can find hand made treasures by mamas, like myself!


What are YOU making for the holidays? Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Fun- making dough ornaments is on our list of thing to make- I might even get to it today! love your felt penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping to get my first handmade holiday post up this next monday. I LOVE the owl ornament and wish there was a larger pic of the field bag. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely creations! I love the personalized onesies. I might have to whip up some of those for a few friends next week. And that owl ornament is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these felt ornaments are too cute!

    ReplyDelete