Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny at Small Things again this week for Yarn Along. This week I have been working on knitting some rabbits for Easter presents for the kids. I started one of these rabbits a couple of weeks ago, but then got sidetracked knitting Phoebe a new hat and doing some sewing and so I haven't gotten as much done as I had hoped.The rabbit pattern can be found in Natural Knits for Babies and Moms. Finn's will be a gray wool-blend rabbit while Phoebe's will be knit from light green cotton. I am hoping to finish up in the next few days so that I can get a few more presents started for their Easter baskets.
As for what I am reading this week.....I have started reading the first book in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith. With a new baby, my brain hasn't been up for much serious reading and I have needed something light and easy to get through. And after going to Africa in 2005, I am a complete sucker for books that take place there. Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Africa? You know I have met a few people that have gone there and it completely changed their lives forever. Would you say the same? I don't blame you about baby brain!! Audiobooks are a great help when I can't sit still enough to read :). Nice to visit your blog via Yarn Along!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knit a bunny for this week's Yarn Along too! I just grabbed soft white baby yarn for mine though. There is very little yarn to choose from on this island for spontaneous knits!

    ReplyDelete