Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Calling All Knitters & Crocheters!

My lovely friend Wintry, who also runs my child's playschool, is putting together a blanket project for two dear children that just lost their mother to cancer. I had only met Elizabeth a few times, but she was a wonderful person whose smile would light up a room. I know her family and friends are hurting terribly without her.
Please take a moment to read Elizabeth's story and learn more about the blanket of love. If you can contribute by knitting a square (or twenty!) it would be so appreciated. The deadline is September 10th, so get on it people! Click on the above photo to check out Wintry's blog and find out more about this project. Thanks! Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. What a great project-

    It is so wonderful that the children will have the blankets to remember that they have a community of support!

    ReplyDelete