Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Sunday Gratitudes


Hello hello hello! Happy Sunday. Popping in here late in the day to share some gratitudes with you all. This past week I have felt grateful for:
  • Happy Finn. Finn has been in a super sweet and wonderful mood quite often lately. He has been going out of his way to be sweet to me and his sister, he has been smiling every day at pick up, and he has been in a really good groove.
  • Sweet Phoebe. Lately she has been trying really hard to be helpful and to be more independent. (After a few pretty rough weeks where she was being very un-helpful, this is a much welcome change!)
  • Feeling strong. A change hit me last week while I was at the gym, and I feel like my body is getting stronger. I guess I was just at a plateau for a bit, and have now made it past. Running seems a little easier, weights seem a little easier, and my lungs seem a bit stronger. It's a good feeling.
  • Finding my motivation. The past few weeks have brought a return on my motivation. I have been knitting and sewing, making plans, and getting organized. Oh motivation, how I missed thee. Thanks for coming home!
  • Science! Last week the kids and I went to a show at the planetarium on evening spent a couple of hours at the local science museum another. They don't really get much science at school, and as a science educator, I feel a responsibility to make sure they have lots of exposure in their lives. Finn usually complains about science "learning", but lately I have seen a shift happen and he is starting to get excited about science. Apparently, during his free time in school he has been writing research papers for fun. Who knew?!
  • Moshi, my amazingly wonderful and snugly dog. I feel so lucky to have her.
  • Longer days and sunshine. Need I say more?


What have you felt grateful for this week?

Joining in with the other Taryn from Wooly Moss Roots
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. feeling stronger and being motivated are both big big changes for the better! I'm so happy your children are happy and then that makes you very very happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy your are finding your groove again, it feels good doesn't it? I am loving the longer days, so good for the soul. Enjoy your week my friend.

    ReplyDelete