Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Yarn Along



Joining with Ginny at Small Thing's for this week's Yarn Along .

I finished up Phoebe's sun romper several weeks ago, but the weather has not been appropriate and so I haven't had a chance to have her model it. Pictures to come soon though....

I have not been knitting much lately. I have had big intentions, like bringing my knitting with on my camping trip last weekend, and then never touching it. I guess I have just had too much other stuff in the way. I did cast on for a new slouchy hat for me a couple of days ago... I am only a few rows in, but I plan to get some knitting in this weekend. And I am in love with the colorway...

And as for reading.....I am actually reading about 5 books right now... I have slumped back into my habit of starting new books in the middle of other books. Sometimes, it just can't be helped. The one I am mostly focused on right now is Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. So far it is a good, intriguing, mostly-mindless thriller, which is exactly what my brain wants to be reading right now.

What are you reading? What are you knitting?
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. There are so many times that I need to bring my knitting with me only to have it sit in the basket. I think I just need to KNOW it's there - just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished a pair of fingerless mitts, and finished reading Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. Started The Apothecary's Daughter the other night, so far so good.

    Love that colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture is just so beautiful! Love the color of the yarn, so lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my knitting has been minimal by my standards, however whenever I knit I'm happy. Lovely green yarn!!

    ReplyDelete