Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Gratitudes


Over the past couple of weeks, I have felt so thankful for :

My friends, near and far, old and new. Friends who are there to lend a hand, or sometimes an ear. Friends who you know that you can count on no matter the distance between you. Friends who become family, maybe not by blood, but sometimes by ties even stronger.  I know that I am fortunate to have such wonderful people in my life.

Spring. A new beginning for nature. Life springing up in unexpected places, every color of the rainbow represented. The sounds of birds, busy building nests. The drizzle of rain landing on leaves. Spider webs and snail trails. Butterflies and bees.

The quiet moments I have found for myself. Moments for yoga, for reading, for meditating, or sometimes for just simply being, without an agenda, for just a little while. Those moments often seem few and far between, but I have noticed that when I really need them, I will make the time.






Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. It is really important to have friends, isn't about the amount but the real ones.
    Some days I crave for a little time for myself as not always is possible. ..

    Lluisa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when friends become family. We have a few friends like that, and it feels pretty wonderful. So happy you are carving out some time for you, I know just how lovely that feels. Enjoy it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the snail. I love friends and family. I loved being super busy over the weekend and then nothingness during the week. Gave me balance!!

    ReplyDelete