Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Tryon Creek State Park


Yesterday I took the kids on an adventure. The trilliums are blooming here, but won't be for long, so we needed to make some time to see them. I pulled Finn out of school a few minutes early and we sneaked in a trip to one of my favorite local places. We saw trilliums, a lots of spring plants, some very cool fungus and we even saw a couple of snails in a tree (the pictures below are of a snail about 5 feet high in a tree).... it's the first time I have ever found a snail high in a tree. I think it is a Pacific sideband snail, but please correct me if I am wrong. Apparently, I have lots to learn about snails!

We had a lovely time... until the end, when Phoebe was tired and hungry and threw a meltdown. She does that often, so I wasn't surprised, but did feel bad for the other folks there trying to get some peace and quiet in nature. Peace and quiet is pretty rare with young kid around.. at least my young kids!

Here are a few pictures from our adventure...












Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Fun outing!! I remember the melt down days, long ago. He is now the most laid back young adult :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great spot. Trilliums will be blooming here soon and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! kids need nature too :) those other people can always move away. us parents cannot. so they should be happy lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I stumbled across your blog on my search for info on Tryon Creek State Park. I was looking for a fun place to take the kids out on a hike this weekend, sounds like a great place! Looking forward to reading more of your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete