Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, April 20, 2014

My Favorite Green Juice Recipe


After a winter lull, I have been juicing again. I make green juice about 3-4 mornings a week, and have even gotten the Todd to drink it as well. My kids, however, are a whole different story. They are very turned off by the green color, and spit it out after trying it. If anyone has any tips on how to get your kiddos to drink veggie juice, please let me know....


Anyways, here is my favorite recipe for juice as of late:

5 kale leaves
1/2 bunch of parsley
6 stalks celery
2 carrots
1 apple
juice from 1/2 a lemon (not put into the juicer, just squeezed in afterwards)
tiny bit of fresh ginger

The amounts on here are approximate.... I don't actually measure it out, so my juice tastes slightly different each day. This makes 2 small glasses or one big one.

Do you juice? What is your favorite recipe?

The ducks love juicing days as well... they get the sludge, and they love it!


Pin It Now!

1 comment: