Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Friday, May 10, 2013

A Trip to the Gorge

We have been blessed with amazing weather lately- blue skies and warm temperatures. Honestly, it already feels like summer here (which is actually a bit scary, but I will say that I am enjoying it in the moment!). Last weekend, I got to go on a mamas-only yurt trip on the Oregon coast and on Monday, Todd's mom and step dad were in town and we spent the day in the Gorge. I feel so fortunate to live in this amazing place where the ocean, mountains, rivers, and forests are all at my fingertips. It does rain here quite a bit, but when it is not raining, I feel like I want to spend every second outside exploring.
Our day to the Gorge was packed full with a stop at Multnomah Falls, a visit to the Bonneville Dam and the Bonneville fish hatchery, a stop in Hood River for lunch, a drive along the 'fruit loop' where we saw amazing views of Mt. Hood, and a quick stop at a winery. I think the kids favorite part was the huge sturgeon at the hatchery- they were, in Finn's words, "ginormous".
All of this exploring makes me so excited for summer... days without work and school, blue skies, and the freedom to explore. I have already been making my summer to-do wish list!








Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place to visit! Have a great weekend, Taryn, and happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks so very lovely! Enjoy your weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hasn't it been lovely? I'm already fearing what June may bring haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! Glad you had such beautiful weather for it!

    ReplyDelete