Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Friday, August 24, 2012

This Moment: San Francisco

{this moment} - A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember. Inspired by Soulemama.

This week I am cheating, as my photo deserves an explanation! Last weekend, Todd and I got to go to San Francisco for a long weekend... WITHOUT KIDS! It was the first time that we had both been away from the 2 kids together, and the first time that I had been away from Phoebe overnight.
The trip was fantastic. Although I did miss the kids dearly, and even cried several times, it was so nice to spend time with Todd and to only have to be responsible for myself for a few days.
We hung out with friends, saw some great music, made it to the beach to spread one of our late dog's ashes, and walked through Golden Gate Park. The weather was miserable, which was to be expected, but it didn't even matter because we had so much fun.
Unfortunately, I brought a cold/flu home with me, which I have been battling ever since. I am starting to feel better this morning, aside from a very sore throat.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had the weekend getaway! I would have cried too. Beautiful peaceful photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How perfectly wonderful! I've been thinking a lot lately about when it will be that I will experience a moment alone with my husband like that. Hope you are feeling better enough to enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, how we need those weekends with our hubbies. So important. Sorry you have a cold! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete