Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, August 27, 2012

35 Times Around the Sun....

Today I am celebrating my 35th birthday! Hard to believe that yet another year has slipped away, but then again, so much has changed in this past year. One year ago, baby P was not quite 6 months. She was just sitting up on her own and starting to eat real food. Now, as I look out of the corner of my eye, she is cooking in her play kitchen, muttering to herself all the while. One year ago today, Finn was still 3.... still a toddler, really, whereas yesterday he asked me and Todd where plants came from. Not the plants in our garden, or at the park, but the very first plants that existed on Earth. He wanted to know how they got there in the first place. Pretty philosophical, don't you think?
Last year for my birthday, I made a bucket list of all of the things I wanted to do before I turned 35. Most got accomplished, some did not. This year, however, I don't want to make a to-do list. I have decided that this year should be for slowing down, for enjoying. Don't get me wrong, there is still plenty of stuff that I want to do (I am a do-er, that's for sure), but I want to make sure that I stop and enjoy the ride along the way. I have seen how easily time slips past while you are chasing children and picking up toys, and I want to try and savor this next one as much as I can. I want to worry about accomplishing less, but having more fun doing it. I want to work on finding a balance and a rhythm in our daily lives. And I want to enjoy my family and friends and the time we spend together. Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Taryn! Lovely thoughts on slowing down. That is always my goal as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have an absolutely lovely birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Taryn! Sounds like a wonderful plan for the year ahead. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to you! I hope you had a fabulous day and have a great year!

    ReplyDelete