Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny over at Small Things from Chicago for another yarn along today!
Almost done with Phoebe's Helena sweater ! Just need to add the edging! Although with the super hot weather in Chicago, I can't imagine that she will wear it until we get home next week anyways, so I am not in a rush.
I also started a surprise project that will end up being a holiday present for a sweet little girl. I don't want to share the details here just in case they read it.
I started reading Nurture Shock by Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman. It discusses the newest research in child behavior and how this relates to the way that we raise our children. So far, it has been fascinating. Finn and I also started reading Charlotte's Web. Love that book. I just hope I can read it out loud without crying!
What are you reading and knitting? Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. The Helena Sweater looks so pretty. It's hot here too, but winter will roll around again right? Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to near finishing and I love the baby knit, whatever the details are...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sweater looks lovely and the colour is amazing! Can't wait to see it on Phoebe :)

    Sounds like an interesting book, hope you will share more about it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed knitting up a Helena sweater for my niece. So much so, that I knit it up for her twice! I love the color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what a gorgeous sweater! I love the color. Cannot wait to be able to knit a little bit more complicated patterns!

    I <3 Charlotte's Web!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweater is looking great. I just love that color. I don't know if I could get through Charlotte's Web without crying myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Charlotte's Web and now my boys do too :)
    Beautiful knitting! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sweater is so beautiful! I'm so impressed with your knitting!

    ReplyDelete