Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Melted Crayon Leaves




The changing of the seasons is always a great inspiration to start new crafts... especially the change into fall. With chilly mornings and colorful leaves, I have been in the kitchen much more than normal and have been itching to do lots of autumn crafts.
I saw the cutest tutorial for wax paper leaves on a blog I follow, V and Co., and just had to try it for myself! My pictures do not do this craft justice, so check out the tutorial (link below) to see much better pictures of these leaves. Finn and I did this together, and although most of it was not safe for an almost 3 year old (hot irons and scissors), he still watched me with intensity.
You can find the tutorial here. I will worn you that the wax bled through the towels I put over and under my wax paper, so use towels that you don't need and if you have a super fancy iron, I probably wouldn't use it for this project!
Have fun!! Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. This was one of my favourite activities as a child. We always collected the leaves on Thanksgiving and then ironed them flat with wax paper and set them out on the dinner table. Thanks for sharing. xx m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taryn,

    Thank you so much for your well wishes and CONGRATULATIONS to YOU! I'm at 21 weeks or so, so we're looking forward to a wintry mid-February birth. I would never wish the sickness and apathy that I've been feeling on anyone, but I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone. It makes me feel at least a little bit more normal! :) It is such a relief to finally feel more like myself and I'm so glad to hear that these feelings are passing for you too. I've really missed checking in with what you've been up to and I'm looking forward to catching up.

    Best,
    Courtney

    P.S. I caught one "pregnancy" photo of you on here and you look absolutely beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete