Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Some Recent Creations...



I have not been in much of a crafty mood in recent weeks, but in the past few days my creativity has rekindled and I have motivated to do a bit of crafting. I made a knitted gnome baby hat and a couple of freezer paper stenciled onsies for a baby who is due to arrive any day now. I also managed to whip out a freezer paper stencil for Finn who gets very excited about craft days. Unfortunately, as I was just about to start painting these, I left the room for one quick moment, and, by the time I had returned, Finn had unscrewed the top of one of the bottle of fabric paint and had dumped it all over himself and the floor. I now know that fabric paint does wash out of hair and off bamboo floors; it does not, however, wash out of fabric. A sad day for Finn's pants, and a good lesson learned by mom.. never trust a 2 year old alone with fabric paint. I suppose I could have figured that out without experiencing it, but I know that I will never chance it again! Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! What a nice baby gift!
    You should have taken a pic of Finn's mess..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! I am glad to hear that it washes off hair and bamboo floors- We also have bamboo floors and I love them.
    Great design too- cute.
    SO happy I found your blog- I am about to be your newest follower-
    Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete