Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, February 10, 2013


Joining in with Amanda at Habit of Being

I feel like I was spoiled this weekend, as somehow, I managed to have a whole lot of kid-free time. And not that I don't love my kids to pieces, but it is always nice to have a break.

Friday night I headed out with another mama to see The Wood Brothers perform. They are soulful and fabulous and it made me wish that I played in a band.

Saturday, in between my husband and I running separate errands, I managed to get myself to a much needed yoga class. I did a little sewing, some reading, and then had a girls night out: Ethiopian for dinner (my favorite) followed by a film called Grey Matter, which was shown as part of the annual African Film Festival at the campus where I teach. The movie, about the Rwandan genocide, was moving and very, very sad. Afterwards we headed out for a glass of wine and a long conversation about life. I love lady-time!

Sunday morning, we were woken up early by Finn getting sick... poor guy. I had a bird watching field trip all morning long, so Todd was once again in charge, and this time of a sick kiddo. Hats of to my hubby for all of his hard work this weekend! Sunday afternoon was lazy..... movies and naps for the kids... and hopefully a movie and early bedtime for this mama, who did not sleep enough this weekend!

Tomorrow Finn will not be going to school, so I am already wondering how I will keep both kiddos entertained for another home-bound day.......

How was your weekend?

Pin It Now!


  1. How nice to get so much mama time, sounds like you enjoyed it. Hoping Finn wakes up feeling better this morning. Have a great day!

  2. Sounds like a lovely weekend! Hurrah for mama time :) I miss going to regular yoga classes - most of my yoga is done at home these days, in little pockets of time. Enjoy the week ahead :)

  3. so sorry to hear your little guy was sick but huzzah! husband to the rescue :)