Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

An Almost-Thanksgiving Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny at Small Things for yet another yarn along. We are in Texas visiting my husband's family. I was certain we would be doing copious amounts of sitting around and so I brought several books to read and a (very) LOT of yarn to be knit. Just like my home life though, things come up, babies need attention, and what seems like a day with no plans turns into a fun, yet exhausting, day with little time to myself. I did manage to finish up 1Q84 and started reading Shanghai Girls by Lisa See for my mama's book club. Quite a bit different than the surreal 1Q84, but so far I am liking it.
I have managed to make a bit of progress on Phoebe's dufflecoat. I finished up the back panel and am about halfway through one of the front panels. I thought that I would for sure finish the sweater while I was here and now I will be surprised if I even make it halfway through. Isn't that how it always is though?
Stop on by Small Things to see what others are reading and knitting this week! Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I know what you are saying about time. I had plans for lots of knitting this weekend and I am now realizing it's not going to happen. That's ok, there will be lots of family togetherness! Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way - when I go away, I always take lots of yarn, and seem to have less knitting time than usual, instead of more! :)

    ReplyDelete