Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, November 1, 2010

One Thing, One Month

So, at the end of September, I posted a challenge for myself to not buy anything new (except for craft supplies) for the month of October. And, I am here to report that my mission was a success. However, I don't exactly feel thrilled with my accomplishment....I feel like it was almost too easy. Sure, there were a couple of scrambles for last minute presents, and a few times I would have loved to run out and buy a new bra that fits my ever growing pregnant boobs, but holding off wasn't that hard. In part, our current budget and an upcoming new baby (along with my upcoming time off of work) doesn't really allow for any extra expenditures right now. Also, October was a fairly mellow month (birthday wise) and I also knew that my commitment was ending at the end of the month. If I were to have done this challenge in December, I think things would be a wee bit harder. I have joined handmade holiday 2010, in which I will try to make holiday gifts or buy them from local suppliers.... but this still allows me to actually purchase some gifts for those people who I am just not sure what I would make.
Anyways, I would like to take up another challenge soon, and hopefully make it one that will be more of a challenge and will make me feel more satisfied when I am through. In the meantime, I will be busy with my un-chosen challenge of trying to figure out how to stop the whining and tantrums that seem to have moved into my almost-3-year-old's body. Hmmm... Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'd say that's a big accomplishment! I don't think I could do it.
    About the whole whining issue......it's because he's almost 3! So far, 3 is NOT my favorite :) Love my kiddo like crazy but this stage/age is pretty dang challenging! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete