Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Green Housekeeping: A Review


I recently finished reading Green Housekeeping by Ellen Sandbeck. This book is packed with all sorts of facts and information on everything from safe and natural cleaning and stain removal to non-toxic eradication of garden pests. Throughout the book, the author discusses toxins that commonly arise in certain areas of the home (for example, did you know that the sheets that you sleep on every night likely contain formaldehyde!) and ways to avoid or minimize these toxins.
I think this book is a must-read for anyone who is concerned with the safety of their family, and anyone who is willing to choose more natural and non-toxic ways to live. This book is so packed with information that it would be great to always have on hand as a reference book. I borrowed this book from the library, and upon finishing it, decided to buy a used copy to keep at home. There is just that much good information in there. And don't worry-- I will share lots of this information with you in upcoming blogs! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment