Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Dirt! The Movie


Last Thursday, I was granted with an opportunity to go to a screening of the new movie Dirt! Since I spent a good portion of my Master's studying soil, I was pretty excited to go and check this film out. To top it off, I brought the family along, and my 2 year old was not only well behaved but was actually ecstatic to watch a movie about dirt. Yes! - a young scientist in the making.
The film was entertaining and truthful, sad and comic. It portrays how our current farming practices and use of GMOs are destroying our soil, how we have paved over our soils, compacted them, and how we have let them erode away. We have completely disconnected ourselves from one of the most crucial elements of our lives. Without soil there is no food, without soil there is no life.
Check out www.dirtthemovie.org for more details or to find a screening near you! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment