Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Yarn Along


 Hello! Joining with Ginny at Small Things for another Yarn Along .

Still working away at  my sweater.... but the end is in sight.... only about 7 or 8 more inches before I do the bottom ribbing, pockets and sleeves. I am excited to be able to try it on!

I am reading A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. I picked this up at the beginning of September, read about half of it, and set it aside. I am now back and finishing it off. It's weird and random, but usually in a good-funny way. It drags on at times, yet I am compelled enough to keep on reading. My favorite part is that the stories in the book seem so unrealistic, yet this book is based on real-life events that happened to the author (although I believe there may have been some embellishing, at times).

What are you reading? What are you knitting?
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. That's going to be such a pretty sweater. You are getting real close! Just in time for the chilly weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your excitement and anticipation regarding this beautiful knitting of yours - looking foreward to seeing it finished and you wearing it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful sweater and I love how it is growing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh what a pretty sweater, love the fall colour you chose!

    ReplyDelete