Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, August 31, 2015

Gratitude Sunday, on Monday



Posting this a day late, as our internet has been out all weekend....

As part of my 38 project, I am going to keep a weekly gratitude journal. In the past, I have tried to do nightly journals, but it just isn't feasible for me, and I always fail. I am hoping that this weekly rhythm will work better for me. Plus, I can use this space to share them with you all.

This week I have been grateful for:

  • Antibiotics. After catching a terrible cough from my kiddos at the beginning of July, and still having it at the end of August, I was finally diagnosed with walking pneumonia and pleurisy. I am now on a course of antibiotics and I think my symptoms are finally starting to improve. I am all for healing herbs and natural remedies, but sometimes western medicine does wonders. Our dog, Moshi, is on antibiotics right now as well.... after wetting my bed several times last week, she was diagnosed with a UTI on Saturday. Poor girl.
  • The rain! It finally rained here and more is expected this week. Hoping this will help with the 37+ large fires that we currently have here in Oregon and Washington. 
  • Purging and de-cluttering my life. This week Todd and I cleaned up the back yard. We put our duck house on craiglist (and it was snagged up!) and trashed all of the things in the yard that were broken and beyond repair. I have also been going through storage boxes in the garage-- we had a little mouse move in behind the dryer (I found the nest a few weeks go, which was quite the clean-up process--- and our house is still not fully mouse-proof-- even with 3 cats!). But this mouse (or maybe mice) has managed to leave little tiny poops everywhere..... if it is not in a storage container with a locking lid, there is probably a mouse poop in there. So, as I am going through and cleaning, I am also purging and re-organizing. The whole process is slow going, so I think I will be at it a while, but it feels really good to purge. I have already taken a huge trunk load to Goodwill. I am ready to simplify!
What have you been grateful for this week?




Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I've been doing a good bit of sorting and purging too. Last week the boys and I went through the toys and sorted out those they don't seem to play with anymore. Feels good to get rid of some stuf! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for cleaning up and purging! We have been doing that too this summer. Now to get those three huge full bags of stuff over to Goodwill...Hope that you and Moshi are feeling better very soon! Enjoy the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete