Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Yarn Along


Joining with Ginny at Small Thing's for this week's Yarn Along .

I have finished Phoebe's Phoebe's sweater.... and I love it, despite it's heft. I have included it in today's photo, but not in its full glory. I figure I will wait until I give it to Phoebe on her birthday (Match 1st) and display it properly (on her) then!

I am now frantically trying to finish the Phoebe mouse, with its dress and matching sweater, all before the birthday as well. I have been under the weather a bit these past couple of days, so I have gotten a bit behind my (self-imposed) "schedule".

I just finished all three of the books I was reading last week, and I think I am going to start A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. It's one that has been on my to-read list for years. I am headed on a mama-only adventure this weekend, so I need something good to read while I am childless....

And for all you animal lovers out there, today's special yarn along guest is Matty Cat.


What are you reading? What are you knitting?



Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Well hello there Matty Cat. The sweater looks great, can't wait to see it one her. Mama only adventure...I think I need one of those :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will love a tree grows in brooklyn! I hope you feel better soon and I look forward to the big sweater reveal, I know she will look fantastic in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot wait to see the sweater and mouse. I love those books - my son has requested the platypus from Freddie's Blanket. Have a great time on your adventure - is it yarn related as well? That would be even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My trip is not yarn related, although I do plan to get some knitting in on the plane!
      And I haven't seen Freddies blanket yet-- I will have to get it from our library. I bet it is just as cute as her Phoebe books!

      Delete
  4. Have a great trip! I love your fun project. I have also had A Tree Grows in Brooklyn on my "to read" list for a long time. Maybe this is the year I'll actually read it. I've heard it's good! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet photo bomb!! Can't wait to see the sweater modeled.

    ReplyDelete