Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, September 22, 2014

The People's Climate March

Yesterday, Phoebe and I headed downtown to participate in the People's Climate March and rally. It was awesome. It was about 5,000 people strong, which is amazing, but certainly pales in comparison to the more than 300,000 folks that turned up to march in New York City (!!!).
Our bus ride downtown was full of people headed to the rally, and Phoebe made fast friends with some other young children. She was a trooper, and despite to 90-degree weather, she didn't complain once. I think she is my mini-activist in training, and was certainly the best rally partner I have ever had.
Now we just have to hope our actions convince our government (and our corporations) to start thinking differently about how we treat this planet. Time is running our to make change. I hope we can work together on this one.








Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great turn out. 90 degrees, wow...we are in sweaters and scarves here, although summer is returning tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete