Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Gratitude Sunday


The kids and I got back home on Friday night after 8 days of camping (more on our adventures later this week!). It was wonderful, but, as camping with small kids is, it was a lot of work. This weekend I have felt so very thankful for sleeping in my own bed and for being able to take a shower. And camping in the rain for 2 nights (with a slightly leaky tent) reminded me how lucky I am to have a roof over my head and a place to call home. And a washer and dryer. SO thankful for those.

On a completely different note.. or maybe not..... after 7 years of NOT having a table to eat at, we finally do. It is simple, nothing fancy, but it is the first place we have had where we can eat as a family. Hooray!

What have you felt grateful for this week?


Joining in with the other Taryn of Wooly Moss Roots for a Gratitude Sunday post. Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I hear you on the work that comes with camping with kids. It is fun, but it is work! How wonderful to have a table to enjoy meals at. Nothing fancy is needed, just a place to gather and share a meal. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camping is a lot of work, but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am grateful for the cold front and not camping :) I was never one for the wilderness living and I married a "hotel" guy, however we do like hiking and being outdoors.

    ReplyDelete