Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Blueberry Lavender Lemon Ricotta Muffins


I have been thinking about baking something with lavender in it for weeks now, and finally decided what I wanted to try. I took my favorite lemon muffin recipe, and simply added blueberries and lavender to it. I wasn't sure the best way to add lavender to a baked good... so I just chose about 7 lavender stems, let them sit out for a couple of days so that they were partially dried, and then pulled the flowers off the stem. I added them in at the beginning, with the butter, so that there was more of a chance for the flavor to spread.
That said, not every bite tastes like lavender,  but each bite with a flower piece in it certainly did! So, make sure you don't overdo the flowers. The taste is lovely, but I think too much would ruin it.
Do you have any favorite lavender recipes?
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. yummy! we have so much lavender and I have not tried to cook with it yet..you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those muffins look delicious! I learned something - I did not know you could use lavender in baking and cooking. Wow, thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete