Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Weekend Gratitudes

This week I have felt grateful for:

Time spent in the garden (and the friends I found out there)




Fresh greens (butter lettuce, mustard greens and cilantro) for my sandwich pulled right out of the garden



A huge thunderstorm (with hail) that the whole family watched from the front porch (and the big puddle that kept Phoebe occupied afterwards)!


 
My sweet Moshi dog, who is so kind and tolerant of energetic children. Plus, she snuggles with me every night.


That our tadpoles are doing well and growing. Two of them already have both back legs, and one has one back leg (hoping the second one actually comes!) Can you see the back legs on this fellow? He basically posed for the camera for me!


That little Miss Phoebe has a strong curiosity for nature and all living creatures. She collects insects to play with on a daily basis and nurtures them as well as a 3 year old can.


And finally, time spent with some friends, a Saturday morning trip to the farmer's market, this awesome nature show the kids and I watched today, some time for knitting, Downton Abbey, and a huge sale on gluten free breads and crackers at our neighborhood grocery.

What have you felt grateful for this weekend?

Joining in with the other Taryn of Wooly Moss Roots for a Gratitude Sunday post and  Amanda from The Habit of Being for a weekending post.

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. A lovely list. Today I am grateful for sunshine, a meal shared with friends, time in the garden and an extra day to our weekend...tomorrow is a holiday here :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures they are all wonderful and a great way to express your gratitudes. We had a heavy hail storm here too along with thunder and lightening!

    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful list, I'm grateful that both kids are home for most of this week, for family dinners together and the cooler jacket weather that has returned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! So much to be grateful for indeed! I used to play with "rolly pollies" when I was little (about your daughter's age - a million years ago ;-) so that last picture brought back some memories. I love that downpour too. Would sure like a nice rainstorm here! Your sandwich looks delicious - made me hungry! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful pictures and a wonderful list - wishing you a good week too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic photos!!!!
    but DARN you. I'm SO hungry and I want that sandwich SO BAD!!!!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete