Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Slowing Down


Now that autumn is REALLY here, and the rains with it, I am reminded that it is that time of year for me to slow down. To spend more time at home, enjoying the presence of my family, working on projects, turning my attention inwards. My natural tendency is to always be exploring and searching for new experiences, but during the rainy months I am much more content to explore my backyard, my street, or a box of craft supplies long untouched. It may not be as fun or adventurous, but it is the time when I learn the most about my children, and myself, the time when we can focus more on who we are rather than where we are going. Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I thought all your months were rainy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good focus this time of year. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I huddle inside when it's rainy! Love this time of year when the slowing down becomes part of the habit.

    ReplyDelete