Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Halloween Spirit

Finn is throwing a Halloween party on Saturday. It was his idea, he came up with the guest list, and he provided a lot of input for food, activities and decorations. I (obviously) have had to do a lot of the actual planning, but this party was 100% inspired by Mister Finn.
Anyways, we have been hanging skeletons and spider webs to make the house spooky, but we decided to add a little more hand-made flare. Most of these ideas came from pinterest (I love pinterest, yet I also feel like it squashed some of my creativity as there are too many cute ideas to replicate!).

Footprint ghosts (inspiration here). Note: Finn and I have really high arches and our print did not make anything that really resembled a ghost. Flat-footed Phoebe's came out pretty good though!


Alien leaf bugs, inspired by this.



An eyeball tree. This idea was actually my own. I bought styrofoam balls and used glitter glue to paint eyeballs on them. Then i used thin wire to make loops. I gathered some branches and spray painted them black with a glitter final coating, and arranged the whole thing in a vase.



Our Halloween wreath. I bought the actual wreath, spray-painted it black and glittery, and used hot glue and jewelry wire to add store bough spiders and Halloween bells.


Jack-o-lantern stained glass. We have done these before, but was reminded of them here.


What have you been crafting for Halloween?? Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it is going to be a great party. We have been doing a bit of crafting, pinecone spiders have been the biggest hit :) And of course carving the pumpkin.

    Have a great time on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my crafting for halloween days is over but I'm loving seeing what you are crafting. The footprint idea is a cute one!!

    ReplyDelete