Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013


Happily joining in with Ginny of Small Things for this week's yarn along.

I am about halfway through Bottlemania: How Water Went on Sale and Why We Bought It, a non-fiction about bottled water by Elizabeth Royte. I have found it fairly interesting, as this is a subject that I teach about, but I have found some parts of it to be pretty dry (funny that I described it as dry, since it is a book about water...). Also, the book is focused on the eastern US, where the author lives, but water and water policy works completely differently in the west, where I live. Regardless, there is still some good information in there, and it gives some insight into the political mess that surrounds our water system.

I have finished my arm warmers and am in love. Now I have moved back to trying to finish up Phoebe's poncho before cooler weather sets in. Only a few more stripes to go! And then a lot of loose ends to weave in.......

What are you reading? What are you knitting?



Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. love your hand warmers and it makes me want to cast on some :) I know that poncho will look fab on your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your hand warmers, beautiful yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hand warmers and the wild and wonderful colors.

    I am a sucker for reading children's books. Have you read Wonder by R.J. Palaccio?

    Cheers,

    Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

    ReplyDelete