Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Yarn Along


Joining in with Ginny of Small Things for this week's yarn along.

Phoebe's poncho is coming along. I only have about 6 more rows of stripes (so around 24 rows). I am really dreading weaving in those ends.... it is going to take forever! I am taking a break from knitting the poncho this week though.. instead  I am hoping to start some fun arm warmers for some camping I am doing this summer.

I am reading The Condition by Jennifer Haigh, which is a fictional story about a girl with Turner' Syndrome and hoping to start Michael Pollan's Cooked. Have you read it?

What are you reading? What are you knitting? Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. That poncho is going to look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are nearly done! look at all those loose ends to bury! That is not one of my favorite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Taryn - I really love colorful things like your poncho. I decided to link today since I actually got some crocheting done. The books I am reading also might interest you. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm listening to Cooked....another great Michael Pollan. I like it---sort of bogged down, though----he's talking about soups and stews right now; the last thing I want to think about in this heat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mama! That is looking beautiful.
    I wish I liked knitting more. ; )

    ReplyDelete