Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Super Easy Non-Toxic Stain Remover


Many of you probably already know this trick, but I think I usually repress it during the winter months when it is cool and rainy. But last weekend, the sun was out and it was warm and beautiful. After trying to get a stubborn pomegranate stain (actually about 20 separate stains) out of Phoebe's brand-new super cute orange pants by using an all-natural store-bought stain remover and also hydrogen peroxide, I was thinking that the pants may have been ruined. But then I remembered a super easy summertime stain remover:

lemon juice + sunlight

I just squeezed some lemon juice onto the stains, put them out in the sun for literally about 15 minutes, and voila! stain-free! They seriously look brand new. I should have taken a before and after picture, but I was just so antsy to get the stains out!

This method hasn't worked for all stains, but seems to do really well on fruit or other food-based stains. I am so happy I remembered it and thought I would share it here for those of you who haven;t yet tried it or have maybe forgotten about it too!

Have you used this stain-removal method before? What is your favorite natural stain-removal? Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. we just leave all of our stains on the clothes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would work great since we still have lots of lemons! Thanks for sharing this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time I dried cloth diapers in sunlight my hubby was absolutely floored that the stains came out so quickly! Love love love the sun!

    ReplyDelete