Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wool Soaker!

I finally finished Phoebe's wool soaker about a week before she arrived..... it probably would have taken me longer if I hadn't decided that finishing a bunch of gifts for her might maker her arrive sooner. I was knitting up a storm for a few days just hoping that would send me into labor... hehe.
This pattern was the Little Turtle Knits retro wool soaker (found in 100 Knitting Projects). This was the hardest thing I have knit yet, and I made several mistakes (all of which were easily fixed). I think it was partially the fact that the pattern was not super-clear and partially the fact that I have only been knitting for about a year and a half. Either way, I think it turned out well, mistakes and all, although I am not in love with how the color variations of this yarn worked with this.
I learned a lot while knitting these.... the pattern required several stitches that were new to me, including making short rows. And with the somewhat ambiguous instructions in the pattern, I was a little confused at several different points and was hesitant to just give it a go. But, I did, and it made me realize that the only way to really learn something is to just try... the mistakes I made were eventually fixed and I was pretty proud of myself for making something new. And, I have already started a second soaker (this one I am hoping to finish sans mistakes!). Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. turned out great- I love the yarn you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, I have the longies pattern from LTK that you are welcome to borrow as well!
    The soaker is very cute in that yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing I noticed was the beautiful wool/colors. Funny you said you weren't in love with that part. I think it turned out very well!

    ReplyDelete