Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Back From The Fair...

Finn and I spent the weekend at the Oregon Country Fair, and boy, am I exhausted. It was my first time at the fair, and it was quite an experience! I felt like I had been transported back to the Renaissance; the fairground is located in the woods with trails taking you between all of the vendors, stages and art. It was amazing. The downsides were that it was EXTREMELY hot, especially on the first day, and so I found myself looking for cold beverages more than I enjoyed the scenery. Also, the fair was much more crowded than I had anticipated. That meant that Finn had to stay in a stroller (so I wouldnt lose him in the crowds), so he was a little antsy and I didnt get to stop and enjoy myself as much as I would have otherwise. One of my main reasons for going was to take photographs, but I found that I took only a fraction of what of I had anticipated... I think if I wasn't pushing a stroller through a crowd, I would have had many more photo ops. Nonetheless, it was a lovely experience, the costumes were magical, and the vibe was fantastic. Here are a few fair photos to share with you all!








Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment