Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Creative Family: A Review


The Creative Family
by Amanda Blake Soule is a wonderful quick read that will inspire the urge to craft and create in just about everyone. The books gives examples of creative projects, ways to organize all the supplies that are needed to be so crafty, and focuses on ways to strengthen family rituals and activities. The biggest inspiration that I got from this book was seeing how this mother of 3 (and after publishing this book, now 4) finds time every day to imagine and create with her children. Sometimes I find myself using the excuse of being a working mother to justify my laziness and my hopes that my son will want to play independently so that I can get some work done. This book has made me realize that with a little bit of organization and planning, you can be busy and still find time to create. Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I love this book.I pick it up when I need a little mama inspiration. Amanda's blog is my daily read too. I often feel inadequate seeing how much she gets done with 4 kids. I don't know how she does it!

    ReplyDelete