Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sunday Gratitudes


Happy Sunday! For me, this week was a week of emotional ups and downs, feeling overwhelmed, and lots of indecision. However, my gratitude practice helped me to find things to be grateful for, even when times were tough. And that is something to be grateful for! This past week I have felt grateful for:
  • Snowboarding! On Tuesday evening, I had a chance to go up to the mountain for the first time in 2 years. And it was Ladies Night, so it only cost me $20!
  • Powerful Films. A friend and I went to see 100 Yen Love, a Japanese film that was shown as part of the Portland International Film Festival. A couple of days later, it still has me thinking.
  • Making plans! I just planned a mini-road trip for part of spring break. Having adventures to look forward to makes me super happy.
  • A really amazing field trip this week. I took my students to Reed College to see their nuclear reactor. It was a first for me, and the trip was very interesting (even though I have many hesitations about creating electricity from nuclear reactions).
  • Friends. I had a great night out on Friday and had a chance to spend time with a whole group of my friends, including a couple that I hadn't seen for awhile.

What have you felt grateful for this week?

Joining in with the other Taryn from Wooly Moss Roots
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Taryn - thanks for your thoughts of sympathy in my MIL's passing. Sounds like you have had a week with lots of good things to be grateful for. You are such a great example of getting through the emotional highs, and especially the lows, of life with gratitude and a positive attitude. I hope this week is a good one for you and your children. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a gratitude list always does an attitude adjustment for me as well. Love that you had a some fun time!! snowboarding!! I cannot imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gratitude practice has been the one constant in my life through all these changes that keeps me focused on the good in my life. So happy you have your practice to do that same. Snowboarding, how fun!!! And spring break plans, exciting, can't wait to hear more.

    Have a lovely start to your week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your practice and what it does for you. I also hope this is a less overwhelming week coming up. I could use one too. :)

    ReplyDelete