Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

DIY Handmade Rag Dolls


Trying to find something to make for that cute kid on your holiday gift list? How about one of these super cute rag dolls. They are fairly easy to make, although they took a bit longer to make than I had anticipated. To make a doll like this, check out the free pattern at makebabystuff.com. From my own experience, I would advise you to make the arms and legs wider than the pattern, as following the pattern will make for teeny-tiny appendages. However, don't make them too fat or else you will have trouble making the body in the required 'inside-out' fashion (check out the pattern if you have no clue what I am talking about). Also, the head needs way more hair then you think; I have found that the hair moves around easily and exposes the stitching on the top. But, overall this project is easy, inexpensive and the dolls are pretty darn cute! Pin It Now!

1 comment: