Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Safe CHEAP cleaner... right from your cabinet!


Tired of paying $3 (or more!) for a spray bottle of cleaner that you are just going to use up and then recycle? I was! So, save your spray bottles and refill them with a homemade all-purpose cleaner for a fraction of the price.
Mix about 1/4 cup white vinegar and a couple tablespoons of baking soda into your spray bottle and fill with warm water. I like to add a few drops of essential oil to give it a nice smell ( tea tree or grapefruit or a mix of the two works great). It is most cost-effective to buy the generic gallon-size jugs of vinegar (instead of the tiny jars meant for cooking). Viola! Now you have a cheap, effective, NON-TOXIC cleaner and you don't have to recycle yet another piece of plastic!
To clean glass or windows, just use a mixture of white vinegar and water. I usually use about 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water. Clean with an old newspaper for a streak-free clean! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment