Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy 2016!


Wow. I didn't mean to be away from this space for so long. I guess I just got caught up in the holidays, and life, and taking a break from my usual routine felt quite welcome. However, I am ready to be back, and to make the time to sit down in this space and reflect.

I am normally a new years resolution type of gal. In a huge way. I typically have a huge list of things I want to change and improve throughout the new year. However, this year I did not feel the pull to make a long list of resolutions. I did decide on a few things to guide me this year, but no long lists or specifics. Instead, to welcome in 2016 I decided to choose a word for my year: Discover

2015 was a year of transition for me. Lots of transitions, most of which I am still going through. But as I have been going through the divorce process and all that goes with it, I have begun to learn so much about myself that I didn't know was there. And it has made me happy.

So this year will be a year of discovery. Discovering more about who I am and what I want. Discovering the potential that I have hidden away. Discovering new friends and new relationships. Discovering ways to live more simply. Discovering new places, new traditions, new ideas.

Phoebe decided that she wanted to choose a word as well and she picked create. I love it. It fits perfectly with mine and I am eager to see what she creates this year.

What are your hopes and dreams for the new year?

Happy New Year! Wishing you peace and happiness in 2016!
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I love the whole concept of a word for the year. My word is "forward." I want this year to be one of moving forward to the positive things that lie in the future instead of looking back with regret. Have a great 2016 filled with love and many good things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! I think forward is a perfect word. Wishing you and your family a very happy 2016!!! xo

      Delete
  2. may your 2016 be awesome!! I find you brave, positive and wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete